View Single Post
Old 12-12-2009, 08:58 AM
  # 381 (permalink)  
mirage

((VC))...I know exactly what you mean about finding your sea legs. Quitting something, for me, has so much to do about how I'm feeling mentally. You'll find em again...and I'm sorry about school.

I'm dealing this weekend with the 'alone' thing like Tytan was talking about. I get weakest when I have the opportunity to drink alone. I preferred to drink alone really. It's the whole 'if a tree falls and there's no one to hear it' thing. But there's no way in hell I'm givin in before I hit 30 days on Monday. I even dreamt about giving in and having a swig of beer..then having another and spitting it out, but knowing I ruined it. The thing is, even if I'm alone, I'M still in my presence. There's someone here..me..and ultimately I'm accountable for myself. It really doesn't matter who else is around. Is it easier to drink if no one knows? Maybe. But it wouldn't make it less painful.

I hope today finds everybody well! It's like VC's signature line (?) says.."If you get up one more time than you fall, you will make it through."