Thread: Day6
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2009, 10:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
jgull2010

It was on SALE!

That was my favorite line. Thank you! I often had similar crazy thoughts. If my inner addict was going to drink then any excuse would do.

Sorry you had to go through all that but maybe it'll help in the future? Relapse is symptomatic of this affliction for most people. Don't beat yourself up. Just get through this and stay sober. You know what can happen if you don't.

The last time I decided I could handle a couple of beers one evening to just gently blur things a bit (Just One Night of course!) I started into a week long bender. I am not one to drive after drinking but I was out of booze on a Sunday and the liquor stores are closed on that day in this state. What could I do? So, I hit a bar and poured it into me. Don't really remember leaving the bar, don't know why I didn't go directly home, but I do remember police car lights going on behind me when I was driving around in town trying to find a friend's house. Don't remember everything the policeman said to me but I do remember spending the night in jail....and court the next day.

That was after 30 years of having this disease. I had always been so proud that I had never had any "real" problems....YET.

The YETs will get us if we don't stay sober.

J.