View Single Post
Old 12-11-2009, 03:50 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

CJ welcome to SR, as already suggested do not concern your self with day 11, just focus on staying sober today, tomorrow is not here today so there is nothing to worry about, just stay in the day, in the hour, or even in the moment. Just do not drink today.

Today is day 1,180 for me and I am not in the least worried about being sober on dat 1,181 because it is not here yet!

What has kept me sober has been AA, the program, the 12 steps are what has allowed me to return to sanity, finding a Power of my choosing and understanding that helps me deal with all the problems I have in life. In AA I also have the fellowship, fellow alcoholics in recovery that help me to stay sober as I help them to stay sober, we also help each other in dealing with day to day life by sharing our experiences, strengths & hope with each other.

Check out some AA meetings, it is kind of cool, we learn how to function first with each other, then with society as a whole.

I strongly suggest using some sort of long term recovery program to stay sober, be it AA or another, this whole deal is easier dealt with as a group then alone.