Thread: Now what?
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009, 12:28 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
SeekingPeace01

GG, congrats on the 8 days! Trust me, I know it's a huge deal.

Ahh, to deal with our issues when they stop drowning in alcohol and start clawing their way back into our lives. I totally agree with Jules. We're gonna have to deal with them sometime, might as well do it sooner than later, right? Something that I realized a few years ago was that on top of drinking to smother all my supposed inner pain, I had also graduated into drinking because of my . . . drinking. LMAO. Man that seemed stupid. I lost lots of years and opportunities because of my alcohol abuse and that started piling on top of all the other crap I was trying to ignore. A coping mechanism shouldn't require it's own coping mechanism to uh, cope with?

The issues will bubble up. During my first few days, I'd find myself standing in the shower, crying my eyes out, screaming at my dad . . . lol . . . he lives over 2000 miles away so it's not as if he could hear me, and trust me, I thought I had neatly resolved those issues long ago . . . we have a great relationship now . . . It's been a little over a month for me now and I no longer wake in the middle of the night with desires to punch people I haven't seen in over a decade lol I think the more our cells detox our latent alcohol toxins, the cleaner our bodies and our thoughts become . . .

Wounds will open, they may bleed a little, but it's better to sew them up with a sound mind now than to just pour a little more alcohol on them in an effort to attempt to keep them clean for a little while longer . . . Did that analogy make any sense whatsoever??

Good luck GG. I'd love to say it gets easier, but I'm just starting my journey as well, and I'm sure there will be many rocky roads that lie ahead . . . Know that you are not alone. We are all here to support each other. I know exactly how you feel . . . there is a lot buried deep down there, but I'm keeping faith that it will feel like a much lighter load once I get it all purged and dealt with in an orderly manner.

Be well sweetheart! Stay sane and sober. Much peace and wellness to you always. If it helps, my first two weeks were the freaking hardest. Feels like sailing on only choppy waters now as opposed to navigating through a hurricane . . . There is calmness ahead. This I know.