View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009, 11:57 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
a fallen man

thanks to everyone for the kudos.

and for any newcomer....i was you 3 months ago and it was not easy at first. it downright SUCKED. physically and then mentally. and when i saw folks that had a month or 2 months or 3 i wanted to be them.

but you just build it up one single day at a time. and before you know it you have 90+ under your belt.

my doctor who knows everything about my drinking asked me 'how are you doing with your drinking'.....he knows my struggles. when i told him i had 3 months under my belt he was pleased.

they called me back the next day and said everything looked great and to see him next year. i asked them to fax me the numbers. i'm no doctor but i knew i could google anything i didn't understand.

i really wanted to see my liver numbers. both of them were in great shape. and the reason i was concerned was the day i quit my liver was hard and painful. i had abused it that much. but it's all good now.

i honestly could not have done it without s.r. early on when i was really hurting i would read the support from the people on here and it really helped me.

someone had posted some very good material on the physical changes that take place when we quit and that really helped me to see that everything doesn't bounce back the first or second week off alcohol.

i'm kind of fortunate that my spouse doesn't drink and my job or social life doesn't put me in tempting situations. i don't know how some of the folks on here that have that working against them can stay strong. those are the folks that i really give props to.