View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009, 10:30 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
skroomadoom

Thanks again for all the replies! I'm really impressed with how supportive and helpful this forum is!

I've decided that it's time for me to at least give sobriety a shot. I'm in the middle of finals right now but after that I'll have a month break from school being at home and hopefully that will make it easier for me to stay away from drinking/drugs. I really feel like I need to give it a real shot this time because I know if I mess around during the break once I go back to school I won't have a good chance of getting clean.

I've only been sober a few days (since last Saturday) but this time I really feel like I have some momentum behind me. Like I said I plan on going to NA on Friday and I've told my parents that I plan to take a break from drinking while I'm home during the break (they don't know about the drugs) so hopefully they can help me keep my eye on the prize as well.

Do you guys have any suggestions on where to go to learn more about starting the recovery process? I'm looking around on this forum and I'll certainly ask at the meeting on Friday but do you guys have any other tips for someone just starting out?