View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009, 05:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

Welcome to SR RocketsintheSky. Worried about boredom if you get clean and sober? That was my biggest fear, that life would end if I quit drinking!!!

How many NA meetings have you been to? I can assure you that folks in NA or AA are not bored unless they choose to be!!!

What I found once I had been sober for a while was I was able to do everything I did while drinking, only better!!! I also remembered what I did the next day!

An even bigger discovery I found was that people who are clean and sober do thousands of things that we drunks and addicts can't do, or never knew we could do because we were to busy staying drunk or high to even know they existed!

Think about all of the places people go to that there is no drinking or drugging going on, could it be that people that are clean and sober do far more things then drunks and addicts do?

So you say you are a party girl correct? Would it be a fair statement to say most addicts and drunks are party folks as well?

Now if a drunk or addict gets clean and sober and stays that way does that mean they do not want to party, aka enjoy life?

I discovered that when I was drinking all the time that all I was doing was drinking and talking about things I was going to do but never did them, but once I got sober I quit talking about what I was going to do or wanted to do and started to do the things I talked about doing and never did while I was drinking.

I discovered that when I got and stayed sober life began for me, it took time though, it took AA, the steps, & time, but today I live life to the fullest, I do not escape living life by staying drunk.