View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009, 03:33 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

Welcome to SR Andrea, congrats on the 18 months of sobriety, do you have a sponsor? Did you take the steps with your sponsor?

My name is Martin and I am an alcoholic, I know for me there is no way in the world I could have stayed sober for even a month on just meetings alone, I had a sponsor (Temporary) from the first day I went to AA after getting out of detox, I went to meetings every day and called my sponsors and others daily and after 2 months of basically meetings and calling folks in AA I still came very close to relapsiing, a phone called I made stopped me from drinking that day.

I spoke with my sponsor and other old timers, they told me that if I wanted a good chance at long term sobriety to take the steps with my sponsor. I began taking the steps with my sponsor immediately, in less about a month of taking the steps my obsession for even a single drink was lifted.

Since completeing the steps and applying them daily to all areas of my life all of the promises in the BB have either been fullfilled or are in the process of being fullfilled. I sponsor other men today which keep all of fresh to me.

If you do have a sponsor why not give her a call, if you don't why not call some one in AA you know and ask about a sponsor. One can have a sponsor and take the steps without attending meetings. You know all it takes to start a new AA meeting in your area is 2 alcoholics and a coffee pot.