Old 12-09-2009, 03:18 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

Congrats on 5 days np, in AA it is said that if one hangs around a barbershop long enough eventually one will get a haircut!

You may be different then me and many others, but in early sobriety I avoided ALL situations where alcohol was present, I had spent many years being burnt, why in the world did I need to play with the flame?

I am an alcoholic and for me there is only one reason to go to a bar.... that reason for me is to get drunk. As far as socializing, well I go out at least 3 nights a week with recovering alcoholics, we have dances, parties all year long that are full of friends.

Do I ever go around where drinking is going on? You bet I do, I go out to dinner with no temptations at all, even when my wife has her rare drink. I go to wedding receptions, sporting events and even concerts. Notice one thing those all have in common? Not a single one of them has the soul purpose of drinking, unlike a kegger where the only REAL reason to go is to get drunk, the same is true of a bar, the primary purpose of a bar is to drink, if one just wants to socialize there are tons of places to socialize.

I am with Carol and others, in early sobriety why tempt your self?