View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 03:18 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

SoberSomeone in regards to the meds, speak to your doctor.

A question if I may, is the doctor who prescibed this med for you aware that you are a recovering coke addict? It is crucial that we alcoholics and addicts make our doctors fully aware we are in recovery, this allows them to not prescribe meds that may lead to a relapse.

SoberSomeone you had 46 days clean, that is a major accomplishment! 2 things I would suggest doing:

1. Look at what you were doing that helped you stay clean those 46 days, did you stop doing any of those things before you relapsed? If you did then you need to start doing them again and not stop doing them.

2. Now start doing some thing you were not doing before to stay clean because you thought you did not need to do it or were unwilling to do it.

The biggest aide I found in staying sober was finding other recovering alcoholics with more time sober then me and seeking suggestions and advice from them. I have found that if I do what other recovering alcoholics who have been sober for many years did to stay sober and I help other alcoholics stay sober with less time sober then me, I stay sober.

I discovered that I alone can not stay sober, but WE can stay sober together.

What were you doing to stay clean before?