Old 12-06-2009, 01:17 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  
gneiss
Never settle.

Never smelled mimeograph paper. Not even sure what a mimeograph is... unless it draws pictures of mimes? It hurts to learn that what they say is true: everyone eventually tells jokes their dad would tell.

On a way more serious note: my grandfather was placed in hospice care today, and according to my uncle he is no longer aware of his surroundings. He's not expected to live through the end of the week. He was a jerk for most of my life but in the last couple years he suddenly started being nice and I got to talk to him a little bit. And I guess it's the sort of thing you can't really beat yourself up about, but I spent half the time he wasn't being a jerk addicted to drugs. So instead of picking up the phone and saying hi I drank and did dope.

It makes me mad because the day my grandmother died I was thinking about going to see her and went to lunch with a friend instead. During my lunch she slipped into a coma and died that evening. I've always felt guilty about it. And now I f***ed off my time with my grandfather because drugs were more important. I guess it's the price ya pay though. Geez. How did I get to be such a winner?

Last edited by gneiss; 12-06-2009 at 01:37 AM.