View Single Post
Old 12-05-2009, 07:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Aysha
Looking For Myself...Sober

I HAVE to comply now

I went to social services yesterday to get the public assistance that I need for the sober house. Now that I have entered into that program I have to comply with everything or I will lose ALL my benefits. Which are food stamps and medicaid and housing and cash assistance. And they will suspend me from receiving any of it for a period of time or for good.
I have had medicaid for years now and food stamps too. I need those regardless.
I have to go for an evalution Wed for their people to tell them what kind of treatment I need. It could be from 28 days inpatient to IOP to regular OP.
I am sure they will say IOP like they have everytime before.
This way they have to give me the help no matter what the insurance company says.
I should have done this a long time ago. I didnt know this existed.
So I am sorta like mandated to finish any and all programs now.
Which is good because now it wont be at my discretion.
I think this is the help I have been needing and looking for.
I think this may be the time I actually get on the right track.
ALSO!! My cousin is moving at the end of the month and it just so happens she is moving like right down the street from the sober house!!
She didnt know that until she got the apt.
And the sober house is 2 towns north of me now. SO I will have family right close to me. OMG! Do you know how awesome that is?!! And my 2 lil cousins will be close too! I have been so scared and nervous about doing this. Now I feel alot better.
I seen the house yesterday. Its right on the edge of town and the country. Small town. Its a huge house and it has a huge yard. Its right there close to a few gas stations and stores. And maybe a mile or so from the main town, which isnt all that big, but like a busy small town.
Now I hope the interview goes welll and I get in.