View Single Post
Old 12-04-2009, 04:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Lilyflower
Recovering Codependant

Coming from an abusive relationship myself, I can say that the reason(s) he doesn't apologise for doing wrong is

1) he doesn't believe the way he acted was wrong and feels justified that he has been right in his actions
2) admitting he is wrong now and apologising doesn't seem to generate any benefit to him at this time
3) He thinks that by acting like all is fine with him and this is your fault is a way for him to punish you and is actually him continuing his abuse towards you
4) admitting he has hurt you means having to connect with his compassion - something he has had to bury over time to be able to be abusive to you in the first place and not recompense for it. He is neither willing nor able to do this.

Incidentally, my abusive exabf didn't have a place to go either when I told him to go; I think he deliberately left it till last minute because he thought I would back peddle and he wouldn't have to go anywhere, or else I would take pity on him and let him stay longer. Neither worked - he ended up moving in with his dad and remained homeless going from sofa to sofa for almost a year. None of which were my problem, he made his own mess to deal with.

Stick to your guns, keep focusing on how good it feels to be free from his abuse. It is like a weight has lifted. I completely understand missing him, even though i knew all the horrid things my ex had done to me I still felt I loved him for a long time after we split. I now know that this was 'trauma bonding' and part of his abuse.

It gets better with time and you get stronger every day,

Lily xxxxxxxxxxxxxx