View Single Post
Old 12-04-2009, 12:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Jester1025

I Am Afraid of the Weekend

Well... Here we go... I am on my 10th day sober thanks to the support that I have received at SR. And I have felt really good lately. However, the weekend is almost here, I am sitting here at work just thinking about how nice it would be to go home tonight and drink a few beers. I hear that evil voice inside my head telling me that it's ok to go home and drink tonight because I have endured a very long boring week at work. After all, it's Friday night right??? That evil voice also tells me things like, "go ahead and drink tonight. you have been doing really well lately, so you have earned it..." I know it is normal to have these types of feelings during the early sobriety period, but I really wish they would just go away. Because when it comes down to it, I really DO NOT want to drink tonight. I am looking forward to going through my second straight weekend sober. I am sitting at my desk right now at work, drinking a cup of coffee. But I will be heading home in about 30 minutes. Up until 10 days ago, my normal Friday night routine was to stop at the store on the way home from work and pick up a case of beer and a pack of cigarettes. I really do not want to do that tonight. Any words of encouragement would be helpful. I will definitely be on SR tonight to try to get through this. Thanks.