Thread: Help.......
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2009, 12:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
karbi1981

Help.......

Hello,

I am 28 and recently broke up with my boyfriend. He was a recovering herion addict when I met him and thought he was on the path to recovery. For 3 years he battled with drinking and drug use and was horrible to be around. A few weeks ago he came home drunk and high and told me he didnt love me anymore and moved out. I was devastated, even though I was miserable in the relationship. After he left me he was arrested for resisting arrest, possesion of cannabis, he totalled his car and fled the scene to avoid a DUI. He was released off parole a few weeks before he left me so I think he may get some jail time out of these charges, maybe that will sober him up. He already has a new girlfriend and I am getting updates constantly about what he is doing because we live in a small town. He also lives across the street from where I work. I cant even go out with friends without running into him. It breaks my heart. It is so hard because there was a nice side to him and it is like he hates me, or resents me when I did nothing wrong but try and get him to be sober. I know this is best for me, I could never take him back no matter what he does, but am struggeling with why a life of drugs and alcohol is so much worse than a sober life with me. I wish my heart felt like my mind. Any words of encouragement? Thank you for listening.