View Single Post
Old 12-04-2009, 08:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bval

Back when I was on subs I let a couple of opioid-naive (i.e. never abused the stuff in their lives) friends have a little bump of my subutex 'cause they asked. Both people just ended up dizzy and generally f-ed up (not in the fun way), and both eventually puked their guts out. Neither enjoyed it at all, and neither asked to try it again.

I don't like to 'advertise' this fact too much around here, but ... I almost never used my subutex via the 'medically prescribed' method of administration. I was accustomed to sniffin' my OC's, so that's I did my subutex as well. I don't think I could've stayed on it if I'd had to sit there and sucked on a piece of a stupid pill for 20 minutes everytime I wanted to have some of my medication. The end result of sucking or sniffing was identical, it was mainly a matter of convenience and 'habit' if you will.

Now, I'm NOT suggesting that other people do what I did ... but the reality is ... that was how I did it, right up until I did the last tiny fragment of it that I ever did. It worked out fine for me, seeing as I now have almost exactly 2.5 years clean from all intoxicating drugs.

So ... back to the topic ... I'm not suggesting that bupe is not a abusable drug, I'm just saying that there's probably a fairly narrow slice of time in the 'timeline' of an opioid users drug-taking history where it'd probably have any entertainment value at all. And that would be the early stages, after they've started and acclimated to opioids a bit, but before they've gotten addicted. And believe me, taking subs recreationally would addict you VERY quickly, and you'd cease to get any sort of high off them even quicker.

When you switch to subs after abusing oxy or smack or vikes or whatever for a long time, bupe just really makes you feel very 'normal', and no matter how much you take, you won't get any sort of real high like you (maybe still) could back when you were using 'real' dope.

And IMHO, I don't care if you're abusing subs by cramming them into your ear ... it's still better to be on them than it is to be out there shooting dope. Note ... that was not medical advice, just my opinion

Lastly, bupe is 25x more potent (mg/mg) than morphine, not 75x. Also that number is based on ORALLY administered morphine, which is considerably less potent than injected morphine.

Last edited by bval; 12-04-2009 at 08:43 AM.