Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2009, 06:51 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
AdamantEmpath

I really appreciate all the pleasant greetings!

Originally Posted by dgillz View Post
Welcome to SR. Another Maker's Mark addict here. I used to drink a bottle a day. I even toured the plant where they make the stuff in Kentucky. I was a real fan of it. It's great not to have to live like that anymore.
MM is Yummy! In the words of Jimmy Buffet, it is "like honey dew vine water". I sure wish my DNA would allow me to casually sip the stuff, but I know that one stiff drink would send me into a downward spiral. I sure was lucky to survive the dozen years of my binge drinking that began in college. Many good and bad memories go hand in hand with that time of my life. While clearing the land to build our home, I always had a huge 96 oz. "Big Gulp" mug filled with MM, Coke, and ice within arms length. On more than one occasion, I staggered down the hill to get the wife to come hook the winch to the tractor to flip it back up on four wheels. It is amazing that I didn't destroy everything in sight in the process of falling and clearing out a few hundred large white pines. Only downside to not drinking is that I lost the motivation to go outside and work like a borrowed mule every day. I still enjoy landscaping and gardening around our home, but the alcohol sure was effective at masking the physical pain of the brutal labor that I so much enjoyed for a season.