View Single Post
Old 12-03-2009, 04:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
sourgirlSC

I'm only six days in, but for me it was reaching the point that I felt like my family was completely ashamed of me. But it wasn't that by itself - - there was definitely a religious aspect to it. I happen to be a Christian (which I realize not everyone believes in) and I really got to the point where alcohol was my god instead of Jesus.

So I guess, like others who have replied, I reached a point too. I think that for everyone, there just comes a point when you're ready to change who you are - - to stop doing things that are hurting you. For me, alcohol was treating the symptoms, but not the problem. I would imagine that having a painkiller addiction is different physiologically, but I'm guessing that psychologically, you're taken them because you're trying to treat symptoms too.

What I can definitely tell you for sure is that coming to this site (SR) was the best thing you could have done. The people here have been where we are, and they're very willing to share their experiences with us. I don't know about you, but knowing that you have someone to lean on who knows what you're going through really helps, don't you think?

Welcome to SR. *hugs*