View Single Post
Old 12-03-2009, 11:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
johnny0

Originally Posted by sfgirl View Post
It is good that you are seeing your doctors.

In my own experience I have had panic attacks induced from coming off of alcohol binges. They were so bad and scary I ended up in the ER. So it can happen. However, then I gave up alcohol for a period of time and the panic attacks stayed. So the point is in my case the alcohol exacerbated something that was already going on. So it could easily be both, or one, or the other. In any case, taking out the alcohol is the best thing you can do. You think that alcohol calms your anxiety but as someone who has suffered with anxiety my whole life, I have never been calmer and less anxious than now as a sober person, no more ups and downs.
Thanks for the speedy response, I really appreciate that. I haven't a drink in about a week and the last three days have been filled with anxiety and panic. The other night, I was sitting on the couch and I felt that the whole room, heck, the whole world, was coming down and around on me. I took my blood pressure and it was really high - 153/100 high. So, I started to freak out some more and I almost went to the hospital. I took some medicine and relaxed for a bit and the BP lowered and I was actually able to go to sleep. Last night seemed fine, but I still felt a bit anxious. I dosed off thinking that was the end of my night, but then I woke up and tossed and turned all night long. Sorry, I am on a bit of a rant here.

Anyhow, headaches come along with this, too, right?

Again, thanks for your response and I am going to cut the drink out and see if these symptoms subside. I hope so because not only are they scary, but they are annoying as all anything.

johnny0