View Single Post
Old 12-03-2009, 11:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
johnny0

A Few Questions From A NooB

Greetings,

I really don't know where to start, so I suppose this is probably the best place. Anyhow, my name is John and I have been going through some things that I can only imagine have to do with anxiety. I have symptoms like rapid heart beat, aggressive thoughts, high blood pressure, insomnia, feeling not really "grounded", if you know what I mean, and a feeling of a kind of impending doom. I've been to the doctor and he thinks that it has something to do with PTSD (I'm a veteran of OIF) and I am now waiting to see a psychiatrist.

With that said, I was thinking about some things the other day and I am wondering if these feelings have anything to do with alcohol withdraws. Are there symptoms of alcohol withdraws, as well as anxiety/panic attacks? If so, how long do withdraws usually last?

I usually just drink on the weekend, but when I do...well, I believe we call it binge drinking. I have been suffering massive hangovers lately, where as I have not before. When I was younger, I would drink every night. While training in the service, I did not touch a drink for quite a while.

I know that this is probably a bit scattered, but it is the best that I can articulate at the moment. Oh, and I hope I posted this in the correct place. Thank you in advance for any and all responses and any advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
johnny0

So, is this considered alcoholism? I mean, I function just fine, well except for the day(s), that I am hungover, I don't miss work...I just don't know. I am just trying to find out why I feel this way. I hope this isn't considered asking for "medical advice".