Old 12-02-2009, 08:27 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
tyler
Not all better, getting better

Originally Posted by HuskyPup View Post
/
Tyler, thanks for relating your story. I was familiar with bits and pieces, but reading the whole thing like you laid it out was revealing./

If some kind of good can come of the eperiences I have gone through, it feels like less of a waste. Hope it helped some.

An odd thing with me is that I am OK with smoking weed on occasion, and find it very much helps with my TMJ jaw pain/insomnia, and is not something I crave on a daily basis. I used to smoke it on and off, but have not in many months/years due to cost/inability to find any. But not with booze. You can get it EVERYWHERE here, even diners, coffee shops...Baltimore seems to have issued liquor licenses to anyone who owns a business. And it's very hard for me to moderate. Thus, I'm making an ongoing effort to avoid it altogether.
H. Pup
I am exactly the opposite with this!! I can "handle" the occasional drink, but give me a hit off a joint and it's all over!! I've never been one who believes that because you are addicted to one drug you are addicted to all of them. That never made sense to me. I'm not saying it isn't the case for some people, but hardly anything in this world is universally applicable. So I'll make you a deal....you stay away from the booze and I'll stay away from the pot. It may not make us all better, but we'll be getting better. Take care.