View Single Post
Old 12-02-2009, 07:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Recovered1

Originally Posted by bdiddy5522 View Post
Hey Recovered. I too suffered with panic attacks for years. Always thinking alcohol made them go away. I retrospect, looking back drinking caused them! I am sober 24 days now, and my anxiety has pretty much left me completely. I guess I knew for years that drinking was causing them, but refused to admit it. Just get through the first few days of withdrawal and things will start to fall into place. I promise. Stay with us, you will find lots of support here.
Thanks so much. Unfortunately, the longer I stay sober the more my psychiatric issues surface. Such was the case many years ago. I had several months of sobriety before my first panic attack. Clearly, alcohol does add to the situation and it's problematic, but I have this other stuff going on.

My main concern is staying out of the ER myself at this point and not drinking. Yet, I still will be talking her today and I am torn. I need to do the right thing yet don't know what it is. This could be a turning point for her if I tell her how her addiction has affected me. Then again, I am sure mine has affected her. Then again, I could just blow her off and be perceived as a bad friend. I am almost willing to do that rather than confront her on her stuff.