View Single Post
Old 12-01-2009, 10:15 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Recovered1

Originally Posted by Aysha View Post
I totally understand that. I have just opened up to this whole meetings thing and 12 steps. I am scared to go to Na, and now yall are telling me go somewhere that I will really feel uncomfortable? Do you see what I am saying?
I may be moving into a group house for 6 to 9 mos here soon. Thats alot to swallow. I havent even moved out of my house on my own that long before.
But I think thats the best thing for me is sober living.
I will be around people that are all about recovery. Living, eating, breathing and coexisting with 15 other people like that. So honestly, a one hour meeting would be cake. But I do not have a ride to neither. I am not doing AA for that reason.
I just find it unsettling that some people want to tell me I am npt serious because I cant find a ride, wont beg to get one from total strangers. I am just coming out of my shell here. I didnt just jump in the drug game and go full on criminal and manipulater either.
I am not trying to disrespect anyone. I really really appreciate the suggestions. But baby steps man, baby steps. I am a scared, nervous wreck as it is.
I hear ya. I know you are serious but there are limits as to what a person can do.