View Single Post
Old 12-01-2009, 02:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
trinity27

looking for insight

Hi everyone-
I'm new to the site and searching for guidance. My fiance and I had been engaged since March and I knew he was struggling with prescription drug addiction but in the past few months he started going to counseling and was doing really well with it. He started gaining weight back and looking overall healthy. He has had a really rough family life since childhood and his Rottweiler, as absurd as it may sound to some people, was his best friend and his stability. His dog died early Thanksgiving morning and he really lost it. He wouldn't come home and broke up with me Friday night saying that he was a bad person, I shouldn't be with him and that he needed time. Then he called me freaking out because he had left his antidepressants at a friends house, so I went to get them for him. When I checked the bag to make sure all of his medicine was in there I found a needle. I confronted him about it and he admitted that it was his but wouldn't give me any other information.
My question and plea for advice is whether I should give him his space while remaining there for him when/if he decides to come home and get help or if I should wash my hands of him. I can't sort out whether he really wants to be without me or if it's the drugs talking. I love him so much and am willing to support him while he works through this, but don't know if I should hang on to any hope of him letting me in. Just looking for a little insight.