View Single Post
Old 12-01-2009, 01:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
FleurdeLis

Past Withdrawal...

I'm happy to report that my withdrawal was short lived and not severe. After joining this community I realized I should have seen a doctor first. I would not attempt that again without medical supervision, that's for sure, although I am set on never needing to face that again.

I suffered insomnia, nightmares, extreme discomfort, indigestion, fever, and basically felt like i'd been hit by a truck - but the worst of it was over after 48 hours. Now I'm feeling more energetic & clear headed.

During that time, however, I had no urge to drink. I think I felt so awful, knowing alcohol was the cause made the thought of drinking repulsive to me. But now... I'm worried I'm going to start craving it again. And the holidays will probably not be the easiest time of year to avoid it. Anyone else concerned about how to handle the holidays? I haven't told my family, except my husband, what's been going on. So I know they'll start wondering why I went from complete LUSH to non-drinker...

I think I'm lucky though. I think I hit my rock bottom before a lot of people do. Now that my head is clearer and I'm not in such denial, I can look back and see just how messed up my behavior really was. I'm ashamed but also proud of myself for seeing it and stopping.

Glad to have a place to talk about this.