Thread: Im new and lost
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2009, 11:43 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
SeekSobriety

Originally Posted by Jersie View Post
Hey All
Im lost.I never thought about myself as alcoholic,but im.I work 70 hrs a week in the small office,same people,same routine.Its killing me.I drink alone,only after work,usually i have my first drink at midnight while im on the web( i only drink while on the computer at night),my third drink ends up my night about 3 or 4 am with a great booze,then im ready to sleep.I drink about 60% of 75ml bottle of scotch on Sundays,Tuesdays,Wednesdays,Saturdays,those are days when i have to be at work afternoon,Mondays and Thursdays i try to go right to sleep and i usually do,cus i have to be up early to work.I dont get it,how one day i can get wasted and then other days i go to sleep cus i have to work early?I carry a lots of pain from my past,rape,sexual abuse,domestic violence,rejections,religious discrimination,all that happened in my childhood and my early teens.I calculate time all the time so i can get my boozed mood,i will not drink if i know i have to be up early,im also a cutter,skin picker,im very mean,i have no friends,i hate myself,i push away everyone who gets close to me.I dont know what to do with myself,lately all i do is cry,then i get mad at myself that i feel sorry for myself.I feel like im locked in the jar and cant get out!
Thanks for your post.
I think it is great that you are here and are reaching out for support.
Something that has helped me immensely in dealing with past sexual abuse and trauma has been seeing a therapist who specializes in this. It has really enabled me to put the pieces back together. There is a reason why we drown out our feelings with work, drugs and alcohol, we are trying to escape the pain that is inside when we may be alone with ourselves.
There is a foundation that has lots of information on local resources for therapy for survivors of sexual abuse, give them a call and find a referral. We cannot change the past but we can stop letting it control our lives.
All the best,
together we can totally do this, we can break the chains of addiction and one minute at a time take back control of our lives.

Search for a local rape crisis center/sexual assault help center powered by RAINN - Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network