View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009, 05:31 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Kindeyes

Originally Posted by CatsPajamas View Post
I ultimately moved 750 miles away from where he was. It wasn't the only reason I moved, but it was a major contributing factor. I just couldn't have a front row seat to his self destruction anymore. And I cried some more.
It's funny you mention moving. My husband and I are considering moving. Like you, not solely due to my son, but there's no doubt that our lives would be more serene without him in and out of the picture constantly stirring us up. LOL....I say "us".....I mean "me". He can't get my husband lit up like he can me....he doesn't even try.

I guess I feel that it just takes so much of my energy to stay calm when he's pushing and pushing and pushing and baiting and insulting me. This "no contact" is the only way I can have peace and maintain hope that he learn to appreciate me and stop. Like I said earlier.....at this point.....I think it's a game to him to see how hard and far he can push before I cry uncle. That is just no way to live.

I love him. But I can't stand being around him. There is nothing comfortable about the relationship. Nothing.

The old saying "absence makes the heart grow fonder" is so true. Perhaps he would appreciate a mother who loves him if she just wasn't that easily accessible.