Old 11-30-2009, 11:09 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Recovered1

Originally Posted by Cubile75 View Post
Definitely follow the advice of your physician. Please, please, please be VERY transparent regarding your alcoholism with anybody who pulls out a prescription pad. Stimulants are used, quite successfully, with ADHD... but they are wicked addicting. My personal experience with stimulants led me to some very bad places. I am not the only one here who has experience to share regarding this.

Do not take my suggestion as advice, except for the transparency thing, but more of a question to ask yourself.

Also ask your physicians about what role alcohol has in making the diagnosis of things like bipolar, ADHD, etc... be an informed and active participant in your medical care.

PM me if you want to. This is serious business.

Mark
Thanks, Mark. I was sober for 45 days and then decided to quit my volunteering due to H1N1. I didn't want to leave my house. At that point, my Dr. put me on an SSRI (OCD and all that stuff. I was googling H1n1 updates around the clock). Well, I didn't like that. I started sweating all the time. At the end of October, I completely went off 4 psychotropic drugs and started drinking. I didn't want to feel slow and stupid anymore. November was about hot flashes and most likely detox off the drugs. Plus, I started to drink super heavily and didn't understand why I wasn't ending up in detox. Maybe I had a manic phase. At any rate, it's been one thing after the other. When I went to my shrink and told him my electricity was to be turned off AGAIN, even though I had the money to pay for it, he suggested ADHD. I cannot get it together. My apartment continues to be a mess and I wonder when my water is to be shut off. Yet I still don't pay the bill. I cannot focus. What I do is to try to detox myself and just maintain. I am fully aware of the risks of drinking and driving and have steered clear of that.

Now that my friend is laid up, there is extra pressure on me. I am just not functional at all, save for typing on this computer and not getting a DUI.

Thanks, I may PM you and maybe I've provided TMI, but it's just where I am at.