View Single Post
Old 11-29-2009, 01:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
FleurdeLis

I didn't think it was this bad...

Hi, I'm new here.

And I think I'm experiencing withdrawl. It's a huge shock to me, as I'd had myself convinced my drinking wasn't that bad, and that I wasn't an alcoholic.

But I stopped drinking after having too much at Thanksgiving, because my family was starting to express a lot of concerns. I wanted to prove to them all that I had no problem not drinking. But last night, about 48 hours after my last drink, I started feeling awful. My body felt sick, I couldn't sleep (which isn't like me), today I woke up from a very restless night now very nauseous and uncomfortable. My body aches and it hurts to touch anything...

Am I describing feelings of withdrawl?

My drinking habits, I'll now admit, were much worse than I wanted people to think. I only drank in the evenings, once my husband got home to watch my daughter. I could easily drink one or two bottles of wine. Recently I've found myself lying about my drinking, drinking in secret, stealing liquor from my family's cabinets, and wow now that I type this it sounds really bad.

I've always tolerated alcohol very well. I never get hang overs, and I come from a family with a history of alcoholism.

I'm glad I've stopped... this is day 3 without any alcohol. And I'm very driven to recover. I'm scared of how bad my habits had become. But I'm also fearful to open up to my family and husband. I don't want to be treated like a drunk.

Thanks for listening. This seemed like a safe place to finally open up.