Old 11-28-2009, 09:47 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Zencat
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Originally Posted by HuskyPup
What do folks think of starting your own recovery group, open to different approaches, not based on any particular dogma? Has anyone tried this?
The closest I've come to that is being a DRA member where one is free to personalize the DRA steps or even choose whatever work's for them as far as a program goes. I'm informed very well on the DRA philosophy and do express the freedom DRA offers especially when someone in that other mainstream 12 step program starts to get dogmatic about DRA. Usually its someone that thinks because DRA has 12 steps its like that other program.

Trying to put out your eye for money HP...or so you may have thought that would explain the black eye...Oh man that saddened me so. Please be oh so careful with yourself. Reading your posts and the depressive descriptions about state of being sadden me too. I know hard times as I lived in poverty for most of my life and understand wanting to have a 'chemical vacation' from time to time. Yet that vacation, as brief it is is deadening to the spirit. Anywho I just to say I care and hope a for better outlook on life to come to you.

Hmmmmmmmmm......how to explain this glaring black eye tomorrow. I still need a story!
How about telling those that ask it was a bowling accident. That should keep them guessing.