Old 11-28-2009, 08:57 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
gneiss
Never settle.

Originally Posted by HuskyPup View Post
Now to think of how to explain this black eye at work tomorrow, and again on Monday…I have to think of some story, it won’t do to say I can’t recall, that would no doubt invite suspicion. Maybe I can joke about it: say, “I took up boxing, but wasn’t very good”. Or I got it at Wal-Mart on Black Friday. Any ideas? I hope not to put myself in such positions in the future, but what’s done is done. I suppose maybe it will make me, a small framed person, look a bit rugged or tough, maybe that is an asset of sorts, but not one I wish to have at hand often.
I had a friend tell people he was getting a face lift, one side at a time. Lying about it is probably not the way to go because people are nosy and giving them any info will invite more questions; then you'll have to invent a little more. So the best way is probably to joke a little bit. Once everyone's had a chuckle walk away, remove yourself from the situation. It's really no one else's business and if they're rude enough to pursue it and ask what really happened, tell them it's not their business.