Old 11-27-2009, 02:47 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
smacked
Heathen

So now I will ask the question again ( what 5x now???), does the book "The Cure" address the "peculiar mental twist" that precedes the first drink?
That was already answered, but I'll answer again, yes. I'm sorry you can't read the book, it would likely be helpful in answering your questions about it Chapter five (as already posted) goes into several epidemiological theories as to what is thought by the author that contributes to the start of dependency on alcohol, drugs, and many other things. We're comparing virtual apples and oranges here.. if this book and it's contents dont meet your ideas of what a recovery program should be, stick with yours. Still somewhat clueless as to what's causing so much preachy defensiveness..

The OP found the book, asked for thoughts on the contents. Some contributors here have read it, and offered personal review. I agree that sticking with the topic at hand is probably most helpful here. If you have questions about AA or would just like to post your thoughts about it, start a thread, write a blog... go to the AA part of the forum, there's an audience for most anything recovery related here. Hijacking another thread to argue 'my way versus your way' is pretty uncool in my opinion.. but again, it happens all the time.