Thread: I Need Help
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2009, 05:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Hevyn
Community Greeter

Welcome, Jester. I was much older when I came to the conclusion that you are now, & that's something you should be thankful for. You're still young enough to turn this whole thing around. You have come to the best possible place for help and reassurance.

I was drinking twice what you are, plus adding in some 100 proof vodka when the beer didn't do the job. As they say, it's a progressive disease. Over time, we have to increase our intake in order to get the job done. You've already discovered it's no longer fun & you aren't really participating in your life, just waiting for Happy Hour. I chased that euphoric feeling of my early drinking days for years, & it can never come back.

I recently had a physical and was up front with the dr. about my 25+ years of heavy drinking. I have no liver or other damage, which I almost can't believe - so there's a good chance you may not have anything permanently wrong. I hope you'll get a check up and discuss this with your dr., though - and please be careful about detoxing.

Wishing you a new beginning filled with hope. Let us know how it's going for you.