Old 11-26-2009, 12:28 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
basIam

I'm not saying it doesn't have interesting ideas regarding the causes and effects of drug/alcohol abuse or the benefits of recovery. Question though... does it offer a clear cut discription of actions taken by others that has led to 75% recovery?

Or is it written by someone who is on the outside looking in offering his opinion on what he belives will work in most cases?

I guess if you think it will work, by all means try it. If it doesn't? Try the 12 steps... if you survive

I would suggest try the 12 steps (as outlined in the basic text) under the guidance of another who has been through them. 12 steps have a proven track record. And alcoholism is a fatal condition.

By the way, bill wilson refused to call it a disease as well.
And this guy talks about freeing people of their dependence... well the last time I picked up, I wasn't dependent. I had been clean for 4 months. The though came to mind that beer was never a real problem. That night I nearly died of a heroin overdose. I completely forgot abou the last time I had a beer with no intention of smoking crack and shooting dope but ended up doing the same.

What mental exercise does "the cure" offer for that scenario?

Be careful of easier softer ways, they just might be fatal.
That is, for a real alcoholic.

Also, I understand this guy gives a money back guarantee if you relapse after attending his center? A lot of good that does if the relapse kills you. Huh?