Thread: Thriving Sober
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 09:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
flutter
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

Thriving Sober

I hope no one takes this the wrong way.. or like I'm tooting my own horn, but after reading the boards lately I thought maybe some of you with much longer sober living time than I could post about your successes. It seems there's a lot of time spent discussing the nuances of relapse, moderation attempts, etc.. and not much time talking about how much SUCCESS at sober living we also have on this board.

I think it is important, especially for newcomers to understand that this does happen. That people do quit, without 'relapse'. That people are successful in several variety of treatment methods/programs. That there's hope.

I'm just a baby here when it comes to sobriety, but my commitment to sobriety is anchored, and now I feel like instead of living abstinent from alcohol and drugs, I thrive in my sober life.. as short as it's been thus far (11ish months), and it's a fabulous way to live.. and hopefully a light to look towards for newcomers or struggling folks.

I have no crystal ball, I don't know where my life will be in a year, or 5, or 10.. but for right now I have hope. And for now I celebrate my life, my marriage, my job, my successes, and all of yours. There is incredible strength here, and especially this time of year I want to thank ALL of you for contributing to MY strength, motivation, and enlightenment along the way.

Last edited by Dee74; 11-25-2009 at 04:14 PM. Reason: See Dee