Thread: I'm home
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 05:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Aysha
Looking For Myself...Sober

I'm home

I am home from the place. It was some much needed insight and rest.
I have an appointment with a half way house Dec 7th. It is a 6 to 9 mo program. I have to get public assistance and food stamps for me to stay there. My dad came to the family meeting and it was amazing. My dad has really been there for me. And I have even started to try and be civil with his wife.
I have my trusty NA book that my therapist gave me and perosnalized. I have read about 40 some pages already.
I had a mild panic episode upon leaving today. I am still a little shakey. But I will be ok.
I am now on some meds to stabalize my moods and anxiety.

I have been diagnosed with Bi polar 2, anxiety, mood disorder and borderline personality disorder. They have me on like 5 different meds. They kickjed my butt up until yesterday. I started welbitrin yesterday and started feeling good again. And today too.

I juts wanted to tell you guys whats up. I am still in my coat so I am going to get settled and I will be back.
I will be going to meetings. Even if I dont want to.
I am not thinking about a job or bills or anything except recovery for awhile.
Thats going to be my full time job for a little while.
I missed you guys and thought of you all often in my 7 days gone.

I want to add that reading the NA text has really shed alot of light on the program for me. It really answered alot of questions and squashed some ideas I had about 12 step.
I also watched half of My Name Is Bill W while in treatment. Didnt watch it all because there wasnt time.