View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 11:54 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
ashleek
FREAKING AWESOME!

Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to change anything or anyone I just want people to think about it the next time they send someone back on the street, that's all. Like I said in my town there isn't NA. It's not like us addicts go in there and try to change anything we all respect the program for what it is. Turning someone away could really affect their life in a negative way. The person is not as important as the traditions? I'm just thinking about that person, how he must have felt, what he went and done because he was turned away. Being in the state that he was in at the time, what if he killed himself. I couldn't live with myself knowing I turned someone away because as they say 'some are sicker than others'.

I just want people to think that they are people, with a heart, who are going through a terrible time. We have all been there in the beginning. Remember how hard it was to walk into one of those rooms, admitting you had a problem, loosing your pride because you have been defeated by a disease you want to recover from. That's all I am trying to say.