Thread: sociopath??
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009, 04:25 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
left4lonely
queen of de nile

Originally Posted by Free108 View Post
Honor, my xabf was like that. I NEVER got an apology and I also felt that I never caught a break, ever. Actually, this is one if the many reasons why I didn't think that he had a problem for so long. When I would read about addiction, they always talked about remorse. Ha. And now I still question myself during weak moments because I read all this stuff on SR about how hard it is to get rid of an A and how they always come back etc etc. Mine is SO out the door and not fitting into this mold AT ALL. Disconcerting sometimes. I've actually wished that he would be more of a "normal" A just so that I could have the satisfaction of leaving HIM. Petty, I know.
But at least now I'm less interested in categorizing him than in getting over him. My therapist has thrown a couple of possible diagnoses out there, but really, who cares? The bottom line is that he hurt me like hell and behaved horribly, so I need to look at why I allowed this to happen and then build my life up again in a more healthy way.
I hear you though. I've thought about the Sociopath label, as well as a few others. Ugh.
i think i am finally at the point of not caring what my ex's diagnosis is, and believe me at one time i was obsessively researching on the internet for an answer. mine is more absent than i'd like, but hey, maybe that means he realized this was never going to work and moved on, like a healthy person, unlike me.... who occassionally, and lately, fantasizes about a miraculous reunion. lol. makes me laugh today. didnt yesterday. more worried about my own diagnosis... heartbroken... and how to fix that myself. atleast today i am... yesterday, not so much.