Old 11-23-2009, 04:23 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
gneiss
Never settle.

Asta, unfortunately I live in a college town. Most of my friends have already left for the week. I'm working tomorrow all day, and I invited a Chinese girl from class to Thanksgiving dinner since she was going to be in town all by herself all week. Friday I made plans to work on a group project since most of my group had to stick around (the fume hoods in the labs were out of commission for a couple days so a bunch of the grad students have a 2-day backlog of research now). I have an exam Monday after break and a bunch of end-of-semester tidbits to get done. So I think I'll be ok as long as I keep on my homework. I can't afford to skip it this late in the semester and that's actually been pretty good motivation for me to stay clean; school is that important to me. However, I still have to fight with myself about it.

And I'm avoiding the stores as much as possible. Black Friday makes me hate Christmas all the more. I know it's like being against Abe Lincoln and puppies, but I really don't like Christmas. I actually think I have seasonal depression, I usually want to shut myself in a room and not talk to anyone from Halloween through Valentine's Day.

But... I just have to man up and stay sober. That's what it comes down to. No drugs, no booze.