Old 11-23-2009, 03:16 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
gneiss
Never settle.

I had lots of fun today at school. After class I worked in the geochemistry lab for a while. I've never worked in that lab before and it was so fun! I really hated the geochem classes I've taken but working in the lab was cool. I got to play with test tubes full of steaming acid, so no complaints there. Weird moment though: I was cleaning out a test tube, stuffing a tissue into it to dry it out and for just a second I felt like I was cleaning out a meth pipe. And it didn't help that I was measuring white powder (Calcium Carbonate) into the tubes to begin with. Sometimes I find myself wondering how many of the other students could appreciate that moment. You know it's the ones no one suspects. Like me!

This week is going to be difficult for me, I think. I know where my old coke dealer lives (I ran into him at the store and he mentioned where he's living now. It really is weird, I run into him everywhere around town), I get paid early because of the holiday, and I'm on my own until Sunday. Well, Thursday of course I have Thanksgiving dinner at my parents' church but other than that I'm off work, have money, and I'm bored. It's a bad combination. I'm trying to make plans, spread my homework out through the week, and I even talked my mom into renting movies tomorrow and we will watch them. But I think I'm going to have to fight it off a bit anyway.