Thread: Newcomer
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009, 04:14 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bex220

Also a Newcomer

Hi All, I'm really glad to have found this site, reading some of your stories is like a lot going on in my life!

I am 28 tomorrow and on Saturday found myself in a 24 hour detox place because I had yet again hit rock bottom, I was being so sick but thinking alcohol would help I was trying to keep it down but my body was rejecting it, my Mother phoned the Doctor in the end and she referred me to the clinic for 24 hours where I was sobered up before starting me on Diazepam to help with the withdrawals. I found it so hard and I couldn't sleep even with the Diazepam, I really hope this has given me the wake up call I needed.

I have done home detox MANY times and never stuck to it telling myself I would just be able to have a drink one night a week but always went back to it the next day. After seeing some of the other people in the clinic who were further gone than me I was shocked, one man had lost the use of his legs and was in a wheel chair for life and I just thought what the hell am I doing to myself!

Although I am going to need more support to keep off the Alcohol, I really hope the memory of the detox centre stays fresh in my mind. I still have a couple of days of Diazepam left to take but I'm feeling better already.

Good to be on this site and good luck to all.

Becky xxxx