Thread: Newcomer
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2009, 09:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
LightAtTheEnd

Newcomer

Hey everyone. I guess I will make a formal intro here with my own thread if that's ok. Anyways im a 26 year old male alchoholic. Like someone else posted in another thread I lurked around also. Found this site a while back, seemed like a cool site with cool people to talk to and A LOT that could be related to. Like most things with me lately, I procrastinated, just like I looked in the yellow pages for AA meetings almost a year ago and never made a real attempt, just thinking 'someday'. After everytime I thought I hit my rockbottom, it just got worse everytime and after plenty more wake up calls, the denial/stubborness finally went away and I finally realized I better do at least SOMETHING about it. The 'regular', losing jobs, hurting relationships, DUI, having to pay thousands in fines, making a fool out of myself at parties and places and acting like a psycho because I refused to drink normally like everyone else, falling and hurting myself, passing out every single night almost, hallucinating, blacking out and not remembering things I said or did that people reminded me about, and most recently winding up in detox, not knowing what city I was even in, coughing up blood, and alchohol poisoning. There has been plenty of other problems from it also, but i would be sitting here all night probably. Got drunk for the first time, when i just turned 16, thought it was fun, kept that up, tolerance got higher, got worse and worse and its not hardly fun at all anymore, ore of a 'need to' than a 'want to' thing these days. Anyways I started going to a few AA classes and also thought this forum would be productive also. By this point I would go to treatment tommorow, if i still had my insurance or knew I could afford for it. Anyways im still an alchoholic, but I have slowed down a bit at least. Im just starting, the most I have made it is 2 days at the most, I need to be doing more work. I want to eventually someday quit altogether, and possibly help others out. Thanks to anyone who took the time to read my long story, made it as short as I could I guess. Hope I get comments, will respond to all. Take care everybody.