Thread: A few questions
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2009, 06:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
sobervic

Originally Posted by TMC1 View Post
Sobervic, i feel your pain, right now. I'm on day 2 and a half of no booze, and i'm in pretty bad shape, weak, achy, feel like i want to lay in bed all day, and i've got the chills and anxiety. I don't really have much of a desire to drink right now, because i know it'll just put off the inevitable, the cycle beginning again. From what i've read it should take a few days up to a couple of weeks.
I know in the past how bad i'd feel like after a 2 or 3 day Vegas trip, we'll my past two months has been one long Vegas trip at home that needed to end. And now i just have to wait it out..Good luck buddy
Thanks man. I can relate to this. Keep at it.

It seemed like there was always something going on during the past 3-4 months. I guess this is partially because a group of friends will make future plans to drink while drinking (ex: let's go on a road trip next weekend). This led to me drinking every weekend Thurs-Sat for many weeks straight.

I eventually grew tired of doing nothing but drinking every weekend, so I decided to stop. I also stumbled across some alcohol addiction sites which opened my eyes a bit. I pictured an alcoholic as being someone who sits at home with a bottle of whiskey every night, but it seems like many start out down that road the same way I am. It's hard to realize it while younger since you see many other people going out and getting drunk so you never figure it to be a problem until it has become a necessity in your life.

I was just surprised to feel the withdrawal symptoms. I tend to avoid the doctor and I may have made my symptoms sound a bit worse than they are, so I'll see how it goes the next few weeks.

Thanks