View Single Post
Old 11-21-2009, 10:43 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
HereComesTheSun

Thank-you, Thank-you everyone for your replies!!!!

I went 3 days sober and then last night, friday night, after working a 12 hour shift- cracked... I had two 20 oz beers and 2 mixed drinks.. which isn't a whole lot for me, but I still drank

My problem is now I work in a bar, and hang out with other people who could also be considered alcoholics.

I put my 2 weeks in so I'm quitting my job in the bar, and after I quit my job it will be easy to lose my other drinking "friends"

I would seek medical help for this but, in all honesty, the last time I came home drunk, I broke down to my dad and told him about half of my problem, and gave him a small hint at how much I drink.. he suggested AA but other than that, I don't think he realizes how big of a deal it is, or how dangerous it can be, for someone like me to just simply quit putting alcohol into their body. I feel like if I went to the dr for it he would think I was silly for doing so or something. He thinks I've been sober for a week, ha! Sad he doesn't realize his little girl still sits in her room and gets drunk by herself after they've gone to bed.....

I will keep you updated on my progress and how things go.

In the meantime, I look forward to reading your guys' stories and offering everyone else support.