Old 11-20-2009, 10:39 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Asta1

Originally Posted by gneiss View Post
I remember now that there was a time when I was optimistic, when I thought I was a good person, made good choices, and liked who I was. And seeing these people from that time made me know it's ok. The person I was is still there.
That's terrific! Sounds like a breakthrough of some type. I wish I could say that the person I was is still there. Just don't know yet. Guess I'm still carrying around a lot of baggage that's weighing me down. I try to remain positive ("Happiness is a choice"), but at times it is so hard. Yesterday and today have taken a down turn. (Today is day 15.) I'm not going to drink. Not going anywhere that would put me in danger of drinking, no liquor in the house. But it's like a cloud is following me around. I'm thinking that this is just part of the grieving process and this too will pass. I KNOW it will pass. I'm reading a book right now entitled Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert about her search for self. I didn't buy it - my adult daughter sent it to me. It's actually pretty good. Ate her way thru Italy, spent months in an Ashram in India, and apparently may find love in her next stop, Indonesia. (Just about to start that part.) Maybe I need to do some self-discovery on my own. I've been thinking about finding out more about Buddism. There seem to be a few followers posting on this thread. Any recommendations on a sort of "Buddism for Dummies" type of book?