View Single Post
Old 11-20-2009, 08:42 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Ago

once we admit we are an alcoholic, we have admitted the problem, once we have admitted the problem, we can work on a solution, once the solution works our lives get changed beyond recognition, we feel comfortable in our skin for the first time in our lives, we fix our insides, and our outsides fix themselves, until one day we realize we are having those emotions known as peace, contentment, happiness, and serenity, emotions we used to seek in the bottle, and we would have never learned how to access those emotions without first admitting we were an alcoholic, thus we are grateful to be alcoholics, or just grateful alcoholics, because our "problem" turns out to be a gift.

the burr under the saddle without which we would have never discovered a new way of life.

I find most normal people tedious, boring and frankly unevolved, because so many of them never had to work on themselves I find it nearly impossible to hold an in depth conversation with one.

Alcoholics are cool, anyone in history who was ever worth a sh1t was alcoholic, so why not be grateful? I'm not only grateful to be an alcoholic, I'm proud to be an alcoholic, I've said those words so many millions of times it's hard wired into who I am. I have to be careful when I introduce myself in professional settings to not say "and I'm an alcoholic"