View Single Post
Old 11-20-2009, 10:42 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  
Asta1

Originally Posted by ViciousCycle View Post
My whine today:
Boyfriend is pissing me off in the money dept. He lives here, he needs to pay his way. We agreed on an amount...I told him it would be the last conversation about it, that I would not hound him, or he would have to go.....I am not the money police....so he gives me some Tuesday.....and some more yesterday.....adds up to half of what we agreed on......so far? WTF? And shouldn't he have to pay for half the turkey for T-day?????? I hate talking money but don't want to feel used either. I really don't think he does it on purpose, I just think he is a dumb-ass.
VC - Yeah, he may be a dumb-ass. Many people of the opposite sex seem to be (its the Mars vs. Venus conundrum). I'm a CPA by trade with an idea that may or may not work. If you really are living together, I would suggest setting up a joint bank account, with each of you contributing a set agreed upon amount each month/week/ or whatever works. Only joint expenses are to be paid from that account. Rent, groceries, utilities, you get the drift. Any extras that the other wouldn't use you pay from your other personal funds. When the joint money runs out because someone hasn't paid their share, the spending stops until the money kicks in. Hopefully it doesn't result in any adverse credit dings. I would have it in writing (informal of course) just so you have something to refer to if a problem comes up. You can drag it out and say, "See, this is what we agreed to on so and so date." C'mon, fork up! Anyway, just a thought.

Congrat to SoberITCity, Good work! Keep it up. :-)

SuddenlyS: Day 4 will be better. I can almost guarantee it IF you don't drink on day 3. I'm finding it get a bit easier as time passes. Yesterday being the exception when spouse was really ticking me off. But I DIDN'T drink because of it. Pass the coffee please..............