View Single Post
Old 11-20-2009, 07:15 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  
mirage

TB..sorry about the rehab deal...it sounds ridiculous. Glad you're feeling better, tho and that you went out and had a good time! You're right...I'll learn to smile and nod. (Or kick his ass if he ever does it again...that's another option.)

I'm starting to see a connection between alcoholics and their lack of friends. (I've got some college friends, but they're phone friends, cuz we all moved.) I have that one I was talking about, but besides that, I don't have "girlfriends" to go out with. That's my fault. Maybe I'm just not that social. Anyway, not sure where I'm going with this, I've just been noticing as I read here, it's very common. Do we tend to isolate ourselves? Are we shyer than others? Just wondering out loud if we don't have a lot of friends because of our drinking, or if we tend to drink because of some personality trait that also affects our sociability.

Asta..yeah, husbands can be annoying. Lol! It's part of the deal, I think. Mine just got back from his week away...going to see an afternoon movie. Extra butter!