View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 10:07 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
firestorm090

It truly is a win-win for us when we can meet here and help each other find out how to live our lives better.

In addition to giving me one hell-of-a headache, my latest night out has strengthened my determination to live sober, no matter what. I know there is a good life out there waiting for me, I have to make it happen, by giving up my old life, and making room for the new. It's kinda refreshing, my old ideals never worked anyway. I'm looking forward to starting fresh from today and living differently each day, one day at a time. It won't be easy, I have no delusions about that, but I am chossing life today, and now that I know all of you are here, and we're in this together, and that you've been here all along, well, like Gypsy Feet said, that's proof enough of a Higher Power to me and that's all I need to start.

I try to act like a tough guy, and like I have my life together, but I'm really just a screwed up kid who is looking for a home, because I'm tired of wandering the streets alone at night, literally from bar to bar.

Every bottle of booze is one bottle closer to death, and every post here is one post closer to life, so I'll keep posting, if it's ok with you.

I haven't had a real family for so long, I don't know how to act, so thanks for showing me.