View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 12:40 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
YoungJohn

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hi John
For me the best thing to do was be honest. Not only did lying not get me any help, but I felt so bad and so weak and so disgusted in myself that lying just compounded those feelings.

You're not weak or evil or depraved...you're addicted - there is a difference.

I can't tell you what to say to your dad, but my advice is to put your pride aside and see one of those counsellors as one of your first steps. They may help you work some stuff out in that regard.

Do something. Nothing changes if nothing changes John.

D
Thank you Dee this post really opened up to me. Since you mentioned "putting my pride aside" .. that's very relevant to my problem because this whole counseling thing weirds me out. I don't want to be a person who needs professional help. But.. you're right.. nothing changes if nothing changes.

I've heard people say you can't quit until you are truly ready to quit.. My brain is like divided into two.. wanting to quit so bad and then wanting to party that "one last time". So maybe i'm not "ready" to quit? I think I need to relucantly push myself into this counseling.

And fenster67 i seriously might go to NA tonight I just don't have a car because it broke recently. It will be fixed soon.. but in the mean time if i can't find a ride i know there are NA chat rooms available. Are they effective?